We’re already seeing some valuable lessons learned as a result of this crisis. Obviously very few organisations were ready for the scale of COVID-19, with respondents confirming ‘there is no strategy’ and that they are taking things ‘one day at a time’ right now. But early reflections show the following are proving helpful:
- Increasing HR self-service capabilities
- Providing reliable mobile access to HR systems
- Removing red tape around policy
- Communicating early and often to keep people engaged and motivated
- Gathering data from as many sources as possible to inform critical decision making
- Creating greater workforce planning capabilities
It’s clear that HR teams have to be agile and respond constructively in these extraordinary circumstances, balancing the needs of the business versus what’s right for their people. And we’ll be unpacking these reflections and more thoughts on immediate priorities and next steps from HR leaders in the full report which will be released at the start of May.