Based on the results of the Fosway and Learning Technologies independent market trends survey, conducted in January 2016, we have created a series of datasheets to explore some of the key areas. Each contains an action plan with insights and advice from Fosway analysts. The first in the series examines the importance of buyers of learning solutions effectively communicating their requirements, both internally and with external suppliers.
How often do learning technology providers understand customers’ needs?
1) Buyers of learning solutions should always set clear expectations with a solid brief outlining WIIFM (What’s In It For Me) for the business and learners. Share the problem / opportunities you want to solve. Don’t just provide a specification.
2) Before purchase, engage with a cross section of the market so you understand the opportunities of investing at different levels, as well as gathering a broader set of solution options. Consider including a wildcard option to keep proposals fresh when you are evaluating the possible selections.
3) Be proactive in customer forums and steering groups and maximise L&D’s voice in shaping solution offerings.
4) Be proactive with After-Action-Reviews with providers sharing feedback about where they can improve their services – both during projects AND after they end.
Want to find out more?
If you want to look at the finer details of the survey and get some inspiration for how to address some of the challenges and opportunities it highlights, then we have created a series of data sheets. These are designed to dig deeper into the key market areas identified as part of the research; understanding customer needs, exceeding learner expectations, delivering great service, value for money, making a positive impact and innovating your offering.
Datasheet #1: Communicating Customer Needs
Datasheet #2: Exceeding Learner Expectations
Datasheet #3: Getting Great Service
Datasheet #4: Delivering Value For Money
Datasheet #5: Making a Positive Impact
Datasheet #6: Increasing Learning Innovation
The next phase of this ongoing programme of research is live and you can take part now. We look forward to your continued contributions.
Accelerate and de-risk
To talk to us about our research on learning and talent systems, or to discuss what it might specifically mean for your organisation please contact us directly.
We will use our independent expertise to provide you with the guidance you need to accelerate and de-risk your decisions. We have a wealth of experience, tools, research and profiles at our disposal.
We don’t have any products to sell and we have no vested interest to bias your outcomes. We concentrate on pragmatic, independent advice.
Accuracy of information and warranties
The analysis and recommendations made in this document are based on the information currently available to Fosway and from sources believed to be reliable.
Fosway disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information. Fosway will have no liability for errors, omissions or inadequacies in the information contained herein or for interpretations hereof.
Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. All content is copyright Fosway limited unless otherwise identified. All rights reserved.
About Learning Technologies
Learning Technologies is Europe’s leading L&D exhibition and conference. It is organised by CloserStill, Europe’s premier media group for the learning industry, which provides conferences and exhibitions, industry awards, weekly webinars, publications and online resources: all in support of organisational learning and the technology used in learning at work.
Its events, products and publications comprise:
• Learning Technologies Conference and the Learning Technologies and Learning & Skills Exhibitions
• Learning & Skills Group Conference and the Learning Technologies Summer Forum
• Learning and Skills Group, an international community of over 9,000 learning and development professionals
• E-Learning Awards – celebrating excellence in e-learning and learning technologies
• Inside Learning Technologies Magazine and E-learning Age
Contact the team via email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1730 817600.
About Fosway Group
At Fosway Group, we understand that developing and engaging people is how complex global organisations deliver performance and achieve success. Just as every employee’s talent journey is unique, so is every organisation’s people strategy.
Fosway Group’s analyst and advisory services deliver the insights your organisation needs to achieve results and eliminate risk. We know that every aspect of next generation HR and talent are more intertwined than ever. When you work with us, you accelerate your insight and make better decisions.
We’re Europe’s #1 independent HR analyst, and just like the Roman road we draw our name from, you’ll find that we’re unusually direct. We don’t have a vested interest in your technology or consulting choices. You can depend on us to tell you what you need to know to succeed.
Example clients include: Alstom, Aviva, Boots UK, BP, BT, Centrica, Deutsche Bank, Faurecia, HSBC, International SOS, Lloyds Banking Group, Novartis, PwC, Rolls-Royce, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sanofi, Shell, Swiss Re, Telefonica, Thomson Reuters, Toyota Europe, and Vodafone.
Talk to our analyst team today about your talent management requirements and get insights into your procurement process and strategic decision making. Contact us online or call +44 (0)20 7917 1870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.